For your sound bar to respond to your remote control, you must first program the bar to respond to your television’s original IR (Infra-Red) remote. An RF (Radio Frequency) remote will not work.
Other remotes (cable, satellite) will work only after you have programmed the bar to respond to the TV’s IR remote.
Programming Instructions: Your sound bar is currently programmed to respond to the remote control that is included with the product. However, we strongly recommend programming the sound bar to also respond to your existing remote control using the steps illustrated below. This will enable you to operate all of your components using a single remote control.
While programming the sound bar, ignore anything that may be displayed on the TV screen.
Example: Here's how to teach your bar the “Volume Up” command of your remote control.
1. The Sound Bar is turned on and the LED is dim red, and you have sound coming from the bar.
2. Press and hold the “SOURCE/LEARN” button on either the bar or the included remote for 5 seconds. LEDs 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 pulse.
3. Press and release “Volume Up” button on the SB1’s included remote.
4. Hold your TV’s remote 6" - 1' from the sound bar.
5. Press the “Volume Up” button on your TV’s IR remote control once.
6. LEARN LEDs 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 turn solid; the command has been learned. Two chimes confirm the command has been learned.
Repeat steps 1-6 to program “Volume Down”( – ), Source, Mute and Power buttons.
Important note to save your tv’s ir remote commands: After you've programmed all of the commands on your TV’s remote control, press and hold the “Source/Learn” button for 5 seconds. This saves all of the commands.
Note: If your bar fails to learn certain IR remote codes, the power LED will blink red three times. Try erasing any previously programmed codes and carefully repeat steps 1-6 above.