The Polk Command Bar includes pre-programmed IR codes for most major TV brands manufactured within the past five years. If your TV remote does not match one of these pre-programmed IR codes, you can teach the sound bar to learn your specific remote control.
1) Make sure the bar is ON. Press and hold the "MIC MUTE" button on the top of the bar for five seconds. Alexa will respond: “Entering IR Learn Mode.”
2) Press and release the button you wish to program. Ex: "Volume +" on the included Polk Audio remote. Alexa will respond: “Ready.”
3) Press and release very slowly the corresponding button on your TV’s remote five times. If successful, Alexa will respond: “IR command learned," and the bar will show a green LED.
Note: If the action failed, Alexa will respond: “IR learning failed, please try again,” and the bar will show a red LED.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other functions, such as Volume Down and Mute.
5) Press and hold the "MIC MUTE" button on the top of the bar for five seconds. Alexa will respond: “Exiting IR learn mode.”
Since the Command Bar does not have a power button, you can not learn the power button for your TV's remote control.